An Existential Novel
- Who is Meursault?
- He is made through his choices
- "A murderer"
- "A friend of Raymond"
- Why is it called The Stranger?
- Indifference to life
- Bad Faith
- What is love?
- Relationship with his mother
- Do we wish our loved ones dead?
- Relationship with Marie
- Is love "selfish?"
- The significance and use of light
- The ending
- The confrontation with the priest
- "All that remains is to be less lonely, and to be
greeted with cries of execration."
- Life's "absurdity"
The Meursault Archetype
- Meursault - a positive or negative figure?
- Meursault as a mirror
- Apathy and indifference to life
Resource of Mark Hunter